I love this cake, the pointe shoes shape makes its so pretty and the pink color is so girly! The cake so moist and the buttercream not too sweet.
Here’s the awaiting tutorial of Ballet Shoes Cake that I made for my mother’s birthday last week. I’m trying my best to explain the steps for decorating this cake. I hope you like it!
You will need:
- Two layers of rectangular chocolate cake about 24 x 28 cm and about 3 cm thick (I used this recipe from glorioustreats, but with less sugar and instead of milk I used buttermilk)
- Chocolate spread for the filling
- For the buttercream recipe ( 113 grams white margarine, 1 1/2 cups icing sugars, and 1/4 cup milk)
- Pink food coloring
- Template of the image of your choice ( I used en pointe foot position in a pointe shoes)
- Serrated knife
- Palette knife
- Large serving board
- Parchment paper
- Piping bag
Let’s get started!
- When the cake is cool, place in on the board lined with parchment paper.
- Place the template on top of the cake, and cut around the template using serrated knife. Repeat the same step for the other layer.
- Drop a small amount of chocolate spread on top first layer and put on the other layer.
- Crumb coat the entire cake with buttercream frosting using palette knife, set aside in the fridge for about 30 minutes to hold the cake crumbs and make it easier for the final coat.
- Take the crumb coated cake out of the fridge.
- Begin with applying skin color frosting on top of the cake and follows with pink frosting to resemble pointe shoes as shown in template.
- Continue spreading frosting around the cake, and flatten out the surface.
- Transfer pink frosting into piping bag and cut the edge diagonally.
- Pipe onto the cake to make ribbon and lace as shown in template.
- Voilà, beautiful cake!